invVEST Definition of Sustainable Energy
Our Definition of Sustainable Energy: Any energy generation, efficiency & conservation source where:
- Resources are available to enable massive scaling to become a significant portion of energy generation, long term, preferably 100 years.
- Low to zero Carbon footprint and in some cases where negative Carbon footprint is created.
- We can reach and get below power parity by 2020 or earlier, compared to the traditional fossil fuel energy generation it replaces.
- No significant side effects to earth’s resources, direct or indirect happen.
- Energy independence from one main region or country is fostered.
- It helps fuel a long term vibrant economy and significant job opportunities.
Sustainable Energy Initiatives (SEI) are initiatives that meet the above qualifications.