Frequently Asked Questions
What is the definition of Sustainable Energy?
- Resources are available to enable massive scaling to become a significant portion of energy generation, long term, preferably 100 years.
- Low to zero Carbon footprint and in some cases negative carbon footprint is created.
- We can reach and get below power parity by 2020 or earlier, compared to traditional fossil fuel energy generation it replaces.
- No significant side effects to earth’s resources, direct or indirect happen.
- Energy independence from one main region or country is fostered.
- It helps fuel a long term vibrant economy and significant job opportunities.
I’m in; what should I do next?
- Read, comment, provide ideas on the SEI Community Center.
- Get your community more involved; forward this site to people you think will be interested in supporting/joining this grassroots movement to build a new energy future.
- Become a member and join the various subject matter SEI Collaboration Discussion Forums for each energy cluster.
Can I become a Student Ambassador?
Yes, you can. If you would like to volunteer or represent your high school or University, please let us know. We will contact you to ensure you have the motivation to fulfill the responsibilities. We would then love to have you on our exciting team.
How can I upload attachments?
Enter your comments in the forum and then select “Upload Attachment” at the bottom of the entry pane, prior to selecting “Submit”.